Frequently Asked Questions

How much does it cost?

There is a ONE OFF start up fee of just £3,000 and an ongoing flat monthly management fee of £120 so you know exactly what your monthly outgoings are. The fee doesn’t increase in relation to the number of classes you run so you get to keep ALL the extra profit you earn.

What size area will I have?

You’ll have an exclusive area in which to run your classes and this will be agreed with you to ensure you have the opportunity to run at least six classes a week, but you can choose to run more than this if you wish.The actual size of your area will depend on where you live.

What kind of venues are suitable for classes?

Typically, parent and child classes are held in community, church or village halls, leisure centres, schools or dance centres. This is covered in the initial training and in the manual.

Can I run Music Bus Parties?

Yes, you can run parties, you do not need to purchase a separate Party Franchise agreement to do so and there is no additional cost. You can provide parties for any occasion, including birthdays, end of term and Christmas.

Are there any other streams of income?

As well as your Parent and Child classes, you can provide classes to Nurseries, Childminders, local community groups and private organisations such as the NCT, as well as entertainment at parties and events.

How soon can I start classes?

After you have completed your training you can open your very first class in a matter of weeks.

How much can I expect to earn?

This entirely depends on how many classes you choose to run.

How many days / hours will I be expected to work?

Typically classes run during school hours in term time, with the morning classes proving the most popular. You choose your hours and days to work and how many classes to run. It really depends how much time you have and what you want from your business. You won’t be set any targets.

Do I need a car?

You do need a car to transport your equipment to and from classes and nurseries although some venues may have storage available, but a car keeps you mobile and able to promote your classes and offer more.

Do I need any particular qualifications or experience?

You get comprehensive training and don’t need any musical qualifications or previous experience. You just need to be able to sing in tune! As children attending will be accompanied by a parent you don’t need any childcare experience either.

What if I can’t sing?

Some people don’t think they can sing, but are actually better than they believe and simply need the extra confidence. However, if you would rather not sing, then you can employ a teacher to do the singing whilst you run the business. We can advise you in regard to employing a teacher.

Do I need a DBS check?

Whilst it’s not compulsory to have a DBS check, it’s seen as good practice and reassuring to parents, nurseries and everywhere you run classes. We can guide you through the simple application process we already have in place.

Can I run classes with a friend?

Yes, some mums go it alone whilst others choose to set up and run their business with a friend. It really depends what’s right for you. Running your business with a friend means you share everything – responsibility, the work, the enjoyment and the profit and costs. If you have a particular friend in mind and like the idea of going into business together, then this could be your way forward.

Find Out More

If you love kids, love music, and want to be in charge of your own family-friendly business earning up to £500pw or more, working part time during school hours click the red button to drop us a line or give us a call on 07943 864278