A soothing collection of melodic, instrumental tunes for bedtime and relaxation.
Putumayo Kids Instrumental Dreamland is a collection of soothing tunes for relaxation and bedtime. The first all-instrumental album from the label, it is the 6th release in the award-winning, best-selling Dreamland series, which has long helped parents around the world ease their children to sleep.
Instrumental Dreamland features exceptional renditions of such classics as “Brahms’ Lullaby,” “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” and “What a Wonderful World.” Putumayo scoured the world for music that incorporates relaxing instruments such as the harp, piano, acoustic guitar and kora. Artists include Malian griot and kora master, Balla Tounkara, Hawaiian ukulele virtuoso Jake Shimabukuro, Brazilian guitarist, Reginaldo Frazatto, Jr., Irish multi-instrumentalist Seamus Egan and American pianist Michael Allen Harrison. As Putumayo Founder Dan Storper explains, “These selections were chosen for their calming effect and appeal to children and adults alike. An instrumental lullaby CD has been the most requested children’s album since we began the label.”
1. Balla Tounkara – Kouyate (Thanks, Good People) – (Mali)
2. Damien Erwin – What a Wonderful World – (United States)
3. Keola Beamer – Pupu Hinuhinu (Shiny Shell Lullaby) – (Haiti)
4. Kohala & Jake Shimabukuro – Honu’s Dream – (United States)
5. Masahiro Nitta – Komoriuta – (Japan)
6. Michael Allen Harrison – Twinkle Twinkle Little Star – (United States)
7. Reginaldo Frazatto, Jr. – O Filho Que Eu Quero Ter – (Brazil)
8. Seamus Egan – The Lark – (United States)
9. Sue Richards & Maggie Sansone – Bressay Lullaby / Don Oiche – (United States)
10. Tony Ellis – Hand in Hand – (United States)
11. Victor Johnson – Brahms Lullaby – (United States)
“Guaranteed to make you feel good!”